iPad Availability question help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OogeyBoogie, Oct 22, 2014.

1. OogeyBoogie macrumors newbie

OogeyBoogie

Im not lucky enough to have a Apple store around here of course...But i was wondering does anyone know when Walmart, Target, or Best buy is releasing them in store to buy I've asked associates they just act puzzled i have no clue why apple decided to make this release date so secretive like a undercover act or something but i have no clue and i want one but as of today those three in my area don't have them...

2. Rockies macrumors 6502

I believe Best Buy is already selling them. I would think that all stores would have them available on Friday. I would not be worried about availability, I bought mine at 4:30 PM at Apple Store today and they said it was the first one sold at there store today. Not a huge demand like the Iphone was.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Order one and get it in a few days. Will be in stores by Friday I'm guessing.

4. OogeyBoogie thread starter macrumors newbie

OogeyBoogie

Thanks guys well appreciated hopefully its not high demand cause i already got rid of my old one and I'm dying to get it i love iPads and its driving me nuts lol:eek:

5. loox macrumors newbie

Good question. My closest Apple Store is also hours away.

Can you confirm that best buy stores are selling them now? I think it is inaccurate to say they are.

Yesterday best buy told me they'd have them Thursday or Friday. Today they flat out sad they are NOT selling theirs until Friday. I can't preorder because I want to trade in my iPad 3. (I'm actually writing this in the Notes App because whenever I try to type a post on a forum, Safari freezes after a paragraph or so and I lose everything I typed. Hence my eagerness to upgrade (iOS 8 and iPad 3 don't mix).

Whenever I call any Walmart in my area they don't even know what I'm talking about. One manager told me "I haven't gotten an email about this yet," whatever that means.

Target has a history of ignoring release dates altogether and selling things as soon as they get them. I got a Harry Potter book, Skyrim, and the iPad 2 days before anyone else. But you have to drive there to see and their trade in program is about 40 percent stingier than Walmart and Best Buy.

Hope things change tomorrow.
    I'm very anxious to hear from someone who actually purchased one at any of these stores.

6. OogeyBoogie thread starter macrumors newbie

OogeyBoogie

i agree its crazy these stores. Let me know loox if you find any in stores or hear anything thanks man!

7. mutelight macrumors newbie

mutelight

Within the last hour all the Wifi models showed up for in-store pickup in the SF Bay Area.

I cancelled my Space Gray 128GB LTE model and went for the 128GB Wifi since I realize out of the last three cellular models I had, I never activated any of them.

8. OogeyBoogie thread starter macrumors newbie

OogeyBoogie

Awesome thanks mutelight hopefully tom. i can pick one up cause all i want is a wifi model I'm like you i never used my 3g on last models so it don't matter to me i just hope i can get maybe a 128gb model

9. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

I'm going Friday morning to target. With the target red card you get 5% off from all purchases. I did the same last year with the iPad Air.

10. OogeyBoogie thread starter macrumors newbie

OogeyBoogie

awesome man let me know which model you end up getting i can't wait to get mine its way too exciting!:apple:

11. loox macrumors newbie

I'm on the east coast and will be checking out best buy and Walmart in the morning (in that order lol). I'll report back here to let you know what happens. (I'll PM you both, too)

12. OogeyBoogie thread starter macrumors newbie

OogeyBoogie

thanks man appreciate it I'm on the east coast too so thats helps me out

13. loox macrumors newbie

Ok. Went to best buy and Walmart. Both said they were in stock. (Best buy even said they had all models in stock, but the are probably wrong to say that about the LTE versions. I don't know.)

Anyway both said trade ins and sales start tomorrow morning.

One more day.

14. OogeyBoogie thread starter macrumors newbie

OogeyBoogie