Available for pickup?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by valleydesign, Apr 10, 2015.

1. valleydesign macrumors member

it says available to ship 1-3 days then under it says available for pickup: Ships to (Store)

Does this mean it wouldn't be in the store tomorrow?

2. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I am wondering the same thing!! I don't want to purchase if it won't be there tomorrow. Very unclear. Very frustrating.

3. scabello macrumors newbie

You take your chances. I saw 1-3 business days and thought "why deal with the crowd at the store" but now that my order is done it says it will arrive april 20-22? wth?

You should ship to store. most likely you will pick it up tomorrow

4. pudcraft macrumors regular

I ordered 2, differently. One for pickup and one to deliver. I'm hoping that the one for pickup is available tomorrow so i can cancel the one for delivery. I didn't want to risk slipping into weeks of waiting :(

Also got the watch :)

5. skupko9680 macrumors newbie

ship to store indicates 22nd for me:-( So I took ship to my home. If there are some available in store tomorrow maybe I can change my order to pickup in store later today?

6. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I spoke with an employee at the Apple Store earlier tonight and he said they had them for sale tomorrow. I'm going to risk it and just get there early in the morning. Hopefully I don't regret waiting. Good Luck all!

7. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

No. It means they will ship it to the store. Doesn't mean they won't have it in stock, just that you can't choose Pick In Store, online orders will be shipped on demand only.

It SHIPS within 1-3 days. Then it travels for a few days before it arrives on your door step.

8. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

When I checked in store pick up it said ship to store and the date was the 22nd...

9. scabello macrumors newbie

I suggest you order online with pick up to store and then if you want to risk it, go to the store.. you lose nothing.

the worst thing you can do is not place an order right now. you can buy a million of them and get your money back. no risk!

anyways i placed two orders. one to home and one to store. there is a chance i might get two units and have to return one but apple deserves it for giving us an availability date of 1-3 days but then it somehow takes 10 days to ship

10. dgu23 macrumors newbie

yea my earliest available ship to store was 22nd (5 diff stores). Ill stop by and see if i can buy it in store tomorrow, then cancel my order

11. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I was hoping to just pick up a unit at the Apple store today not wait three weeks... sheesh... Maybe it wont be available in stores tomorrow afterall...

12. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

If you select ship to your home but then find one tomorrow at an Apple store, can you then cancel the order you placed?

13. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

Yeah, I'll go check in store tomorrow here in Austin. I'm sure they'll have 'em in stock before the 22nd...

14. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

Yes. The store can even cancel it for you.

15. scabello macrumors newbie

The question is: do they allocate to pre-sold customers first or do they try to keep unallocated stock on hand for people that walk-in?

16. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Do they charge your card immediately or once it ships?

17. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Also picked in store pickup with date of 22nd. Which I did, I will swing by tomorrow and see if they have any, if not, will wait.

18. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

I think they place a hold on the amount (it will remain "pending") but validate the charge when it ships.

19. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Just ordered, they charge the card immediately.

20. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

It won't post until shipment.

21. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Its been taken out of my account though, its not a hold. I have $1,416.72 less in my account then I did 4 minutes ago :)

22. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

It will go away.

23. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

On my card it's pending. When I bought the rMBP in 2012 and the riMac last year, the charges were pending until the day it shipped. They changed to confirmed when the order changed to Preparing for Shipment.