Available hard drive space? Where?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MatrixPrime, Nov 26, 2007.

1. MatrixPrime macrumors regular

I have the new iMac, and it came with Tiger. Since I've upgraded to Leopard, I know longer have quick access to the amount of free space left on my hard drive. On tiger, if I opened the hard drive icon on the desktop, the space available would appear at the top of the window behind the name of the drive. This is no longer the case now that I'm using Leopard. Is there anyway to turn that feature back on, or is it gone? The only way I can see the available space now is to right click on the icon and click "More Info".

2. TheStu macrumors 65816

With your desktop 'selected' hit Command+J. This will bring up the View Options. Check the 'Show Item Info' box.

3. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

What he said. Or you can always "Command-I," Get Info on the drive and it will show you everything about the drive.

4. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

I don't have leopard, but try clicking the show/hide sidebar button at the top right of any finder window to see if the alternative window view will list the free space.

5. wreckz macrumors newbie

Thru "Finder" > View > Show View Options > Item Info

If you are not using an "admin account"...

Go to System Preferences > Unders System click Accounts > Put a check on the check box of "Allow the user to administer this computer"

I'm using Tiger