"Available online exclusively" question... and something else.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kynetyk, Apr 16, 2015.

1. kynetyk, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

kynetyk macrumors newbie

Hello, MacRumors. First time poster, long time (10+ year reader) here. Good to finally talk to you! I've looked but haven't seen this question asked anywhere, so forgive me if I'm being redundant.

I'm reading "Available online exclusively" and "No in store purchases" everywhere, but does "online only" ordering include in-store pick-ups?

Was anyone able to select the in store pick-up option when pre-ordering?

If it does include in store pick-ups, would April 24th be the day we're able to reserve an in store pick up on a watch?

... AAAAAANNND... Does anyone find it interesting that NONE of the reviews online included detailing what taking a phone call on the watch is like?

.. I'll hang up and listen.

2. riotrhythm macrumors regular

riotrhythm

In-store pick-up was not an option during preordering

3. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Apple just put up the guided tour video that shows how to do phone calls.

4. kynetyk thread starter macrumors newbie

I saw that... but wanted to see it in reviews. Apple will put out the most polished version of what they've created. I wonder if it the phone call capability was functional for the reviewers.

5. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

A couple reviews actually did mention it briefly. The consensus was that it worked well if you weren't somewhere loud (just like any speaker phone). Offhand I don't remember exactly which reviews they were.

6. shandyman Suspended

No instore pickup was available for pre-orders.

This Macrumors article covers the Exclusive Online bit - http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/16/apple-watch-ahrendts-memo-april-16/