Reflow

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
Hi all,

This is my first post in the Design and Graphics so please be gentle. All right here goes I have an image that I would like to change the background in. The image is my avatar and what I would like to do is match it up with the same color as the background where your avatar goes. I tried to change it in preview and it does change but when I upload it changes back to a white background. I tried to play with it in Photoshop but I’m still recently new at this

Thanks

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
May I ask how you did it for future reference
If you were using say, Photoshop, then you were likely setting the background to white whereas the forum space is off-white. Next time, make sure the background is transparent. :)

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
Man I must be stupid or something. I still can't figure it out. Can any one give me step by step instructions on how to do this. Again here is the image I'm trying to fix. As the other one is not that great...

Attachments

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
Can anybody help us out here? Or give us some instructions on how to make my image transparent in Photoshop

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Create a new document.

Where it says background, choose transparent.

Paste your object into this document.

Erase the parts you want to be see through.

under "save for web or devices", save this as a .png OR a transparent .gif.

If using a gif, you may need to use a matte or the outer edge will appear jagged. The matte color should match the background youd be placing this image into.

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
Create a new document.

Where it says background, choose transparent.

Paste your object into this document.

Erase the parts you want to be see through.

under "save for web or devices", save this as a .png OR a transparent .gif.

If using a gif, you may need to use a matte or the outer edge will appear jagged. The matte color should match the background youd be placing this image into.
Just what I was looking for. Thanks

I will try it when I get home as I'm stuck in front of a windows machine