bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Does anybody know of a good app or two that lets me make animated gif clips of screenshots of my dvds?

Also, what's the best way to take screenshots with DVD player?
(Besides VLC?)

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
I don't think it's possible to take them with DVD player open, so I guess VLC or something else is your only option. :(

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
to take screen shots of a DVD using DVD Player you'll have to find a 3rd party app, there are some available on versiontracker.com but i haven't tried any out.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
You could always rip the dvd with handbrake first then do screen shots from the Quicktime file.
Export as image sequence for animation stills for the gif.

mbl42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2005
Here's what I know of to take screenshots/clips in DVD Player. It's shareware though, and the demo wasn't so great last time I tried.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Here's a quick and dirty way to do it; just take a digital photo of the screen.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
SnapzProX that can do it if you want to pay for it (unless they have a trial for it). I have used and like the free CaptureMe app. I use this for pulling dvd shots for use in Flash or Photoshop for my art ;) :) Give it a search on Version Tracker as that's the last place I found it.

lavem

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2005
Open the terminal (applications/utilities) and type:

screencapture -ic

After you hit enter press space and a camera icon will appear instead of the mouse pointer. Float it over the window you want to capture and click. Now open your fave image editing app and paste :)