Discussion in 'Console Games' started by iWoz, Jan 19, 2010.

1. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Anyone played it yet since watching the film?

I've just ordered it after watching the film and am looking forward to playing it.

I'd like to know if it's good? Or just a rubbish imitation of the film?

Cheers

2. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Absolutely rubbish. Sorry :-( I ALWAYS read reviews of games before I purchase...No way Im purchasing games that rate below a 9...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1050542p1.html

3. iWoz thread starter macrumors 6502a

iWoz

ahh i only paid £15 for it, so will probably just list it on ebay anyway :D

4. macfan881 macrumors 68020

if you only purchase games below a 9 u miss out on some pretty good games still..

I usally go by 7 8 ill rent first.

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

That's pretty pathetic. Reviews are exactly trustworthy, you should just take them into slight consideration when buying a game. If you only purchased games 9+, then you'd be missing out on some great games like...
    *quick check through IGN's top games*
    Warhawk, Burnout Paradise, Borderlands, Far Cry 2, Motorstorm, Skate 2, Fable 2, Dead Space, Bully, etc.

I absolutely hate it when people only trust video game reviewers. You shouldn't trust them, because it's your judgement that counts.

6. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

I've tried many games that are below a 9 on IGN, and honestly most disappoint me. Those are good rentals though through my gamefly account....sometimes.

Far Cry 2 was pathetic IMO, Motorstorm fun but don't want to own, Skate 2...needs alot fixed, Fable 2...didn't try it, Dead Space was fun, but really not a scary game, Bully I played on PS2, Warhawk is ok at best IMO, but I do own it as I found it for $10 new. I don't have time like I did 20 years ago to enjoy sub-par games. I do have time to play some AAA titles though.

I usually find IGN's reviews spot on with my tastes and views.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The game is ok. There is nothing overtly wrong with it, it's just that there is nothing it does greatly.

I played through as Navi, but I had no desire once finished to go and replay as a Human.

The game is certainly worth the 15 you payed for it. I bought it from Play.com for €23 and have no regrets. However I'm glad I didn't pay more.

The biggest problem with the game is simply it isn't as good as the film and the climax parts of the movie are either not used or watered down in the game that it loses any impact.

As for never buying a game that doesn't get a 9??? Well that's just pathetic. There are many games I've played and enjoyed which recieved luke warm reception at review, and yet I still enjoyed them more than some games that get glowing reviews. there's nothing wrong with using reviews as a basic guide, but I'm capable of making my own mind up.

again insane. Why even mention the game (as that appears to us as if you have made your mind up about it in a dissaproving way) and then you go on to say you haven't even tried it.......

if your argument/point had any credability, you lost it instantly by posting that.

8. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

9. iWoz thread starter macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Thanks for the feedback, I only bought the game because I really enjoyed the movie so thought I'd complete the game, Cant complain for £15.

After I complete that Im going for Uncharted 2. At the moment I play way too much Modern Warfare 2 and FIFA 10 :D

10. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Good plan, Uncharted 2 rocks!

11. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

The other user had pointed out Fable 2. I just went through the list stating what I thought if I had played it, or in Fable 2's case, I had not tried it. Nothing wrong with that buddy.

And again, I do make my own mind up. I stated I do try many games that are below a 9, but that usually I agree with IGNs reviews. Did you not read that?? Regardless, these are all opinions (good game or not) My opinions line up with IGNs pretty regularly, therefore I choose not to waste my time with sub par games (crackdown for instance...lol)