Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
Ok, so I finally made it to 500 and I did a quick avatar to start with and figured out how to do it no problem, but I want a different one.

I tried searching the forums for avatar info, but could not figure out if what I want is considered to be an animated avatar:

I have 3 pics and want an Avatar that would cycle through the 3 simple pics which are almost identical, but have some differences. (my son straight faced, him smiling and [like the avatar at the left} him sticking out his tongue)

How do I go about doing this? Is this what you would call an animated avatar or is there another way. I don't have much time or want to spend extra money to do this.

Please help.

thanks

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
there are freeware programs out there that will let you assemble frames like those three of your son into a gif. That would be the multiple-frame-supporting image format for your animated file, and it would be what you upload to macrumors.

A quick search of download.com should find a freeware program that will do this, or at least shareware or a demo that you could use at least once.

Once you have the program, it should just be a matter of dropping the pictures in and setting a frame rate.

Good luck!

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
themadchemist said:
A quick search of download.com should find a freeware program that will do this, or at least shareware or a demo that you could use at least once.

What specifically would I search for...I tried using many of the key words you gave me. Any help form you or anyone else would be appreciated. Thanks.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
If you have Adobe Photoshop, then in your photoshop folder should also be a program called ImageReady. Use it. You almost can't beat it when it comes to GIF animations, though it's a little tough to learn to use at first. Take about an hour to get used to the functionality and GUI of ImageReady. Then start making your desired animation with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.