Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stieny

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
I had an avatar sizer program on my PC but its only windows compatible. Is there any kind of program for Macs that I can download?

Thanks

stieny

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
you can adjust an image size with preview, which is built in with leopard

Thanks. Thats good to know. When I go to open preview, a program doesn't open like, lets say, iPhoto. It just pops up on the top bar of the desktop. Is that normal? Do I just import a photo from there? Its just strange because it doesn't seem like it does anything. Forgive me, I'm all new to Macs.

Thanks

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Thanks. Thats good to know. When I go to open preview, a program doesn't open like, lets say, iPhoto. It just pops up on the top bar of the desktop. Is that normal? Do I just import a photo from there? Its just strange because it doesn't seem like it does anything. Forgive me, I'm all new to Macs.

Thanks

Opening a photo itself is what Preview does. Double click on a photo, Preview should open it up.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level

Thanks

yea if you open preview it does as you say. simply go to file-open and broswe to your image

alternatively, you can simply double click on your image and it should open in preview by default. if not, simply right click then go to -open with- preview

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
I prefer to use AW ahead of Preview or other image apps.
Why? Is it because you're just used to doing it in AppleWorks? Have you tried resizing in Preview? I'm guessing not if you're still on Tiger as you say in your sig. What about those (say those new to Macs) who don't have AppleWorks and will never have it?

Preview really is the easiest. Just double click the image, select Tools -> Adjust size ... and set your size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.