Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
:) I have created an installer for fixing the H.264 components in Tiger or later. What it does is this: (actually I'm just gonna tell you an intro)
For some HD camcorders (my example is the Sanyo XACTI HD1000), videos shot in 1080p are not viewable on most Macs!!! :eek: But on the Apple Support forums, someone suggested getting the old H.264 component from QT 7.2.1 and replacing the current one with the old one. The old component worked for some reason, but not the new one. I think you need QT Pro for the new one unless you do this mod. I tried it, and it worked. But for those who find it difficult or annoying, just use my installer I have created. Go to this URL: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/643634/Zadikian.com2/Developer_files/H.264 Fixer.mpkg.zip

Now, I've tested this on 10.5 (original Leopard), although it should work on anything after Tiger. I'm not responsible if it messes anything up, but I'm almost sure it will work on 10.5 and later. And a bit less for Tiger. Note that the fix will not take effect until you relaunch Finder and any applications that use QT. If that doesn't work, restart.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Update

OK, an update on the situation:

I do NOT recommend installing this on Snow Leopard OS10.6 or later.

(And I also don't recommend updating TO Snow Leopard:mad:.) Since Snow Leopard uses different QT, it may not work. Or, it could. I cannot test it since I don't have Snow Leopard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.