Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yptravis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Bay Area, CA
So I have a new Sony HDR-SR5. I can record in both SD and HD with it. The SD records in mpeg and is working fine when I convert the footage through MPG Stream Clip.

When I try to convert the AVCHD footage though it cannot read it. So first I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with this?

Second, I have final cut pro 6.0.1 with the new ability to read AVCDH, but it requires you to have the intel computer not the PowerPC (very unfortunate because I do not have the few thousand to drop on it right now). Does anyone know if there is a way to fool FCP into believing it is running on an intel. (I remember there use to be hacks that would allow safari to think that it was Netscape in order to make things work). I know it would be slow, but I could at least try the footage out.

I would also love to hear any stories on how AVCHD is working on the intel machines and FCP 6.0.1.

coil

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2002
Sorry no additional info on your request but thanks for mentioning the intel vs PPC issue with AVCHD. There was also a way to fool FCP into thinking a processor is faster than it really don't recall if this helped in installing or just RT preview.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.