AVCHD Data Recovery

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by macfilm, Apr 15, 2008.

1. macfilm macrumors regular

Hi all, if I delete a clip say, off my Sony AVCHD HDD camcorder (SR8) is there any way to get that data back?? any way at all?? :confused:

Any help would be appreciated, cheers :)

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I don't know how the camera/drive mounts but you can try software file recovery such as testdisk or photorec. They have saved my behind once or twice.

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I ran "Data Rescue 2" recovery software (thorough search) on the 30Gb hard drive on my Sony AVCHD camcorder ...... It found absolutely nothing !!!!!!

Unfortunately I really don't hold out much (if any) hope ... :eek:

4. enzofsilva macrumors newbie

Repairing corrupt data in AVCHD folder structure?

Hi,

I shot almost 300 clips with a Canon HF11 a while ago. Tried importing to iMovie 9 (latest update) and crashed every time I mounted the camera.

The clips play fine in the camera's internal memory, I backed them up. In fact, I returned the HF11 and bought an HF20 and dragged/dropped the AVCHD folder onto the HF20 and they play fine internally too...

Also crash my iMovie when I mount the camera though... no chance of importing the clips to the library.

Some people told me the AVCHD folder is corrupt, maybe I pushed record again too fast before the camera could have processed one of the clips, etc.

So, is there a way to FIX/REPAIR/REBUILD the data on the AVCHD folder so I can import to iMovie with all clip data, etc.? I know I can convert to AIC with Toast Titanium... but that would mean losing the metadata (dates in which each clip was recorded)...

:(

Thanks...

5. wkearney99 macrumors member

wkearney99

It's shocking how poorly iMovie 09 handles AVCHD clips. I've had it crash with as little as a dozen clips, either on the camera or on it's SD card. iMovie is just not ready for prime time when it comes to handling HD video.

6. ofirke macrumors newbie

Hi.
    Can you please explain how to do it with toast titanium? I have the exact same issue and looking for any solution to recover the video clips.

Thank you,

Ofir