AVCHD format and getting it to work on the imac and in imovie - HELP!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by westsunny, Jun 10, 2007.

1. westsunny macrumors newbie

just bought a sony HDR-SR1 video camera.
    amazing stuff - but connecting it to my iMac is taking a lot more time than I ever expected. loading the video into my dell laptop was a piece of cake - but this is not where I want the video.
    can someone help me make this work - thanks

2. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

1. Transfer the files to your Mac.
    2. Open them in MPEG Streamclip. Export them to Apple Intermediate Codec. Take those files into iMovie.

www.squared5.com

You need QuickTime Pro and the QuickTime MPEG2 Playback component. MPEG Streamclip is free.

Although there's a Windows version of MPEG Streamclip, you need to do the transcoding on your Mac because the Apple Intermediate Codec is not available for Windows.

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

return it and buy a hdv camera.

4. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

5. hatcher002 macrumors newbie

mpeg streemclip

mpeg streem clip dosnt work with the raw m2ts mod2 files iv tryed it but if u convert the file in sonys software to an mpg2 u can use vlc player to viwe the file on ur mac only or the play station 3 just put the video file in a folder labeled Video in the root directory of what ever media u wish ie flash usb flash stick cd dvd what ever. hope this helps:apple: :apple: :) :confused:

6. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

You've failed to read the instructions for MPEG Streamclip. Try reading and then following the instructions and your life will improve remarkably. It's cute that you're trying to be helpful to someone else but please first attempt to help yourself. Thanks.

However, thank you for the tip about getting MPEG2 to play back on the PS3. That does help. :)