AVCHD (mts files), convert to what for iCloud

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MrMister111, Mar 2, 2016.

1. MrMister111, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016

MrMister111 macrumors 68000

I've eventually found out why I have blank spaces in my iCloud photo library (daft name as also has videos in!), because some files are raw mts files from my Panasonic TZ40 camera, shows up fine on my Mac, but on iOS, they can't play.

So at the moment I just dunked all my pics and videos I had into iCloud so at least they are safe, accessible (also backup full on iMac and to another cloud service).

However to view on iPhone I'm going to have to convert them. I have a program on my Mac called iVi. Is this ok to convert and then put in iCloud?

At the moment I'm doing no editing, would only want basic editing anyway like trimming and joining, so should I do this first?

Where do you all store your personal video collection? In iCloud. For pure convenience it's better for me, but I'm now on the top tier 1Tb, I didn't really want to pay the top tier for a monthly fee, but now have to if I want the convenience. Not too bothered on the convenience for videos but don't to have to manage backups, split between videos and photos etc.

Thanks

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

3. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

Dave, it looks like a not ready for prime time beta given the comments there.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Worth a try though, as it's free. It's worked OK for me the couple of times I've used it.