AVCHD (vixia HF200) importing to FCP 6

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by puckhead193, Sep 12, 2009.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

For the past few days i've been trying to import footage from my vixia HF 200 and have been unsuccessful. I've tried a million ways start up FCP first star the camera up, first open log and transfer then turn on the camera, a million restarts to both the camera and the computer and nothing seems to be working. The SD card mounts to the desktop but when i go to log and transfer nothing comes up.
    What the flip is going on. Any suggestions.

2. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

anyone i kinda need to get this done for work sooner then later

3. xStep macrumors 68000

Don't know and couldn't find out much about this problem.

If you are using your iMac and the latest upgrade to FCP 6 and have also applied the Pro Applications updates, then it should be working.

Your Powerbook is not supported because it is not an Intel based machine.

I found this Apple tech note that you may want to review; Final Cut Pro 6.0.1: About transferring AVCHD footage.

P.S. When you post a question, you should list the exact versions of software you are using as that can help people help you. In this case, OS X and FCP.

4. pigbat macrumors regular

Have you tried rebooting the mac. I have had an issue a few times where I couldn't import video and a reboot cleared it each time. Do you have the power supply connected to the HF200?