Avengers Infinity War

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by The.316, Apr 26, 2018.

1. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

just saw it, and man was it everything I was hoping for, and then some!!! Amazing amazing job, with a cliffhanger at the end. Really look forward to seeing how the sequel goes next year, and to the reactions from our members here.

2. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

I just got back from a matinee show, and all I can say is wow. I am not one to give spoilers, but both my kids were clutching onto me at the end, one almost in tears. Can't wait for the sequel!!

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Amazing movie. Can’t wait to see captain Marvell in the next one!

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Same. It was fantastic. My favorite line:
    Of course I speak Groot. They teach it in school on Asgard. It's an elective.

The humor infused throughout was brilliant, particularly amongst the Guardians of the Galaxy group.

He's like an angel crossed with a pirate.

The action was great, but the character play really made the show.

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Totally rooting for Thanos the whole time!

6. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Fun movie. I was surprised by how much screen time Thor got, but his part really added a lot to the movie. Wow, Stormbreaker was awesome.

7. TMRJIJ macrumors 68030

TMRJIJ

It meant every expectation that I needed. The 10 year ride to this moment was indeed worth it.

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Watching credits now. Waiting for end scene. God that was great. Stephen has some explaining to do!!!

9. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

The "Elective" comment was classic!

Loved it and man, 2019 is so far away!

10. TheTruth101 Suspended

I like it but.... I just saw Cobra Kay and wow!!!!! is like billion times better!!!!

11. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Heck yeah it was! While I have not read to much on Thor, I am assuming it was done for the purpose of the movie, but I dug how Groot gave a little bit of himself for the handle! Pretty cool if you ask me.

12. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

That was certainly a nice touch. I haven't read much Thor either, but it is interesting that we saw a nod to Beta Ray Bill in Ragnarok and now we see Stormbreaker in Infinity War. Clearly this is either foreshadowing or Marvel is simply keeping their options open for future stories.

13. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Beta Ray Bill! Holy smokes, could you imagine the look on everyone's face if they saw him come down as Thor! I could so see a snide comment regarding a raccoon and now this! HAHAHA.

14. TheTruth101 Suspended

I am waiting for South Park to do the parody and kill Kenny dress as a Groot.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

he is the only one that gets that the population needs to be trimmed.

I really hated it when Batman died :(

16. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

What a dork... :rolleyes:o_O:D

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I can relate to Thanos every time I am stuck in traffic :p

18. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Oh so can I, especially sunny southern California traffic, which I am sure you are painfully aware of!

19. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I thought it was cool, but it would have had more of an emotional punch if Groot himself sacrificed himself to become the handle and to save Thor's life.

However, clearly most of these characters are coming back (most of them have sequel movies to be in) so you couldn't really get away with actually killing off Groot.

20. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

That would have been freaking epic if that occurred!

Speaking of Groot, the scene where he talks back to the group like a teenager still cracks me up. Star Lords reaction was too funny.

21. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I honestly thought that's what was happening until he essentially trimmed his fingernails, then I thought to myself "what a missed opportunity for a real emotional moment".

22. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Yup I agree! But something tells me they want him around for future movies and products. That would of been a good if not great scene if it played out that way.

23. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Guardians 3 is already in some stage of production. Same goes to Black Panther 2 and others. These characters aren’t dead, they’re trapped in the “soul dimension” in the soul stone. I’ve never read a comic book but actor contracts, exposition in the movie itself, production schedules, etc all give away this obvious secret.

That said, I’m fairly confident Tony Stark will die in the next one (or his body anyway) as he’s constantly been the “it’s the only way” guy since the first avengers. What I’m REALLY interested in is what about that new nano-suit drawing Thanos’s blood will be a major plot point in bringing him down. The whole “all that for a drop of blood” line is clearly the beginning of the end for Thanos...and perhaps stark as well.

24. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I think Captain America is also done for. Those two characters I can see going down. Oh yeah, they are not going to get rid of one of there most successful aka money makers in Black Panther or Spiderman. I agree they are trapped in the "Soul Dimension".

I think it will be interesting to see if they do the whole turn back time on this with bringing back some of the characters they did actually kill off in this version.

Will it be, turn back time to bring back those characters, then a big showdown and then we see the real death of Iron Man and possible some others?

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda