Average battery life span while in use

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by my2geldings, Jun 6, 2010.

1. my2geldings macrumors member

who is getting this??

I just bought a new Macbook Pro this week but as much as I love it, I still need to plus it 2-3 hours into(Full use tho) it's use. The up to 10 hours of use is obviously for standby time?

What is the average battery use time you get when using the computer fully WITHOUT being plugged? is there anything that I can do to make it last longer?

Thanks a lot.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. mynewromantica macrumors regular

10 hours of use is not standby time. That wouldn't even make sense. The 10 hours comes from a very controlled environment that Apple tested in. I belive it was no backlighting on KB, %50 screen brightness and using the integrated GPU with AirPort turned off.

One thing you can do is get a GPU notifier, so you know what GPU is in use. GFX Card Menu will even allow you to use only the integrated card on battery
    power. That will help. Also, use ethernet if available, and set the screen brightness lower. That will make a difference.

Also a quick search would have answered this question for you.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

If you're talking about 10 hour of battery life then you shouldn't be talking about GPU display programs in the same post since the 13" only has one GPU.

5. my2geldings thread starter macrumors member

Excuse my complete ignorance :eek: my apology to you for even considering posting for some help. I guess being new to a discussion board I should have considered my level of intelligence before posting :rolleyes:

As for the others who have posted, thank you very much for taking the time to post the info and helping me figure out what is happening :)

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Excuse me for asking what kind of knowledge you already possessed at that point in time and what steps you already have taken to acquire the knowledge.

But as redundancy is king, here we have another pawn for the kingdom of battery threads that repeat themselves over and over again.

Have a good day.

PS: Don't even think about looking at the links I gave you, almost everything that has been written in those articles is repeated here.

7. my2geldings thread starter macrumors member

Oh don't you worry, with your level of sarcasm and rudeness, I wouldn't dare click on anything you posted. Good lord!

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Thanks. So you agree on the redundancy I presume?