Average eCPM is $0.13 over last month...

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ArtOfWarfare, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I have hundreds of users, thousands of ad impressions, even some click throughs, and have made, drum roll please, less than a dollar this past month.

My average eCPM for the month of October was just $0.13.

That's for Apple's iAds.

Fortunately, I'm also using Google's AdMob, which is notorious for having low eCPMs. Over the same time period, the statistics have been roughly the same for the two networks, except that the eCPM for AdMob has been $0.25 for the last month, double that of Apple's iAds.

I'm curious, what has everyone else's eCPMs been, and how can I bring mine up? I understand my ad impressions have been a little low (hovering around 100/day rather than 1000/day,) but that shouldn't have an impact on eCPM...

2. mmendoza27 macrumors 6502

I would also be interested in seeing the eCPM of iAds. A couple of months ago I heard it was $5-$7 and now I'm hoping it's not this low. If it is, we might as well just use AdMob.

3. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I feel like Apple must manipulate this data as it gets old or something... here's what my eCPM has been each month that I've been using iAds:

Sept - $4.00
    Oct - $1.81
    Nov - $1.02
    Dec - $1.20

Week to week, eCPM fluctuates hugely. It's been as low as $0.09 in late October and as high as $5 in late September.

The corresponding eCPMs for AdMob have been:

Oct - $0.28
    Nov - $0.45
    Dec - $0.35

although unlike iAds, AdMob tends to remain fairly steady week to week. Another thing, despite the fact that I only use AdMobs when iAds fails to load, AdMobs manages to serve up about 1.5x as many ads as does iAds.

4. INNOVATTY macrumors newbie

INNOVATTY

We use only iAds in our free iPhone app. Here are our eCPM numbers for the last 4 months.

Sept - $9.81
    Oct - $7.47
    Nov - $6.86
    Dec - $6.98

It seems that there is a correlation between our numbers and yours. eCPM was high in Sept and it continued to go down in Oct and Nov, then it went up slightly in Dec.

We released a new free iPad app this month. The eCPM is much higher.

Dec - $18.22

5. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

With numbers like that I'd actually be able to look forward to breaking even with the $100 I've put in...

thus far I'm looking at making maybe $80 back between my two apps on the app store... I'm hoping this third app will be a lot easier to market and make money off of... if it's not, I'll probably let my account expire while I work on my next app (a vastly more complicated 2D game that I expect I'll spend six+ months on... even if no one buys it, at least it'll look good on my resume.)

6. INNOVATTY macrumors newbie

INNOVATTY

Good luck with your new app :)