Average hear rate in workout

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by arthur3558, Dec 2, 2015.

1. arthur3558 macrumors newbie

arthur3558

Hi there,

Anyone experiencing missing average heart rate in the result?But I do noticed the sensor is taking my heart rate also I could see the heart rate in the dash Health app....

Attached Files:

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Only occasionally, and it seems to be when the HR sensor had difficulty getting a reading during a run. I have noticed that the HR sensor has difficulty in colder weather. For me, it starts to become less reliable below about 45 degrees Fahrenheit. If I tighten it up by on hole on the sport strap, it gets better. I have not taken it below 35 degrees yet, so I do not know if there is a lower threshold temperature at which the sensor becomes unreliable regardless of how tight the band is.

3. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

The HR sensor is useless. Buy a 3rd party strap for around your chest if it is that important to you. I asked Santa for one ;)

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I suspect that HR sensor performance depends a great deal on the individual user and climate conditions. For me, it is perfect during warmer months. My reference point was a Garmin chest strap HRM. The watch HR sensor has been pretty good during cold runs in temperatures above 35°F, as long as the wrist strap is one notch tighter.

I now use a Scosche Rhythm+ as the primary HRM for my Garmin watch, and prefer it to the chest strap for comfort. If you are shopping for an alternate HRM, I highly recommend the Rhythm+. It does both Ant+ and Bluetooth.

5. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I recently compared the AW heart rate monitor to a chest strap that I use during stationary bicycle workouts. I was surprised to find that readings between the two were quite comparable -- within 2-4 bpm of each other was my experience. That's good enough for me.