Average iMac manufacturing quality

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ChromeCloud, Dec 24, 2012.

1. ChromeCloud, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012

ChromeCloud macrumors member

Hello guys,

I just got a brand new 27" iMac and upon first inspection I was horrified when I saw that the front glass panel is cut about 1 mm too short on the top-right corner.

At the right angle you can see part of the aluminum finish that's supposed to be covered by the glass (see picture).

[​IMG]

Although I am not going to notice it a lot during normal use, I can't help but thinking that the main design feature of this machine - the beautiful sharp edges - is compromised, so I am planning to return the iMac and ask for a replacement.

I am worried, though, that the average manufacturing quality of the new iMac isn't that great and I might get a replacement that has the same issue... does your 27" iMac look anything like mine?

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Get a replacement - quality is amazing - there is a reason Apple sell millions of products. If replacement has problem - get it replaced. THANKS

3. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

As the guy said above if its faulty get it replaced. Mine is perfect, and yours should be to.

4. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I have had 5 iMacs going back to the days of PowerPC.

My last one is a 2011 - 27".

I have had nothing but great things to say about them.

That being said, I am hearing a lot of disturbing things about Apple build quality lately across several different products.

I think that Apple needs to see to it that the plant in China does something fast before this becomes worse.

That plant must be a dirty and dusty place.

I've been in electronics plants in Mexico that were SPOTLESS 30 years ago, you'd think the Chinese could do better.

I'll also add that I have never ordered anything from Apple, always in IN-STORE pick up and always opened items before taking them home.

5. bobright macrumors 601

Ive had bad experiences with the iPhone 5 and the iPad 2nd gen due to faulty screen, chipped phone etc

Now as for the iMac ive came across 3 in my family all = flawless