average shipping time

Discussion in 'iMac' started by swmr, Nov 30, 2011.

1. swmr macrumors regular

swmr

Hey all, I just ordered my new iMac and I'm very curious, I am wondering for those of you who BTO online did your machine tend to come earlier, right on time, or later that Apples shipping estimates.

Including location might help I dunno.

2. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

It depends on the predicted date of delivery.

If the predicted date of delivery is far away from the ordering date due to the constraints in supplies, then the actual delivery can be much earlier. For example, while the predicted date of delivery is Dec 10-Dec 23, the actual delivery occurs on Dec 1.

If the predicted date of delivery is the next day, then the actual delivery will be on time.

Very seldom (never happened to me), the actual delivery is later than the latest predicted date of delivery. If the actual delivery is behind the latest predicted date of delivery, you can ask for a compensation from Apple and they will give you an electronic coupon.

3. nvcplus macrumors regular

Anywhere from 3 to 7 days for most of my BTO's in the past. I live in Chicago.

4. dizmonk macrumors regular

Ordered mine on the 23rd. FedEx claims it's coming tomorrow despite the fact that the delivery status hasn't been updated in 4 days....:mad::mad:

5. swmr thread starter macrumors regular

swmr

Thanks all. On the 26th it was preparing for shipping and said 2-4 days (plus delivery time obviously) but today its still "preparing for shipping."

Seems strange to me, but I guess I'll just have to wait longer. Hopefully it shows before next Friday.

6. swmr thread starter macrumors regular

swmr

Please please please, somebody put me at ease. Is this going to cause problems for me?

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/12/02...hard-drives-slip-to-5-7-weeks-amid-shortages/

I certainly hope this will not affect me. I ordered last week and checking my order online still says delivery by next week, but the order is still "preparing for shipment." (therefore, too late to cancel an order) What can I do to make sure that I won't be watching the mailman until February waiting for this machine?

Can Apple change or cancel an order anyways if I call? Or, if for some reason I am stuck waiting for weeks, can Apple extend my Applecare Coverage. If I am covered for 3 years, but Apple holds my machine for almost 2 months I would like some compensation.

Edit: not to mention that by the time Feb rolls around, I'm sure I can wait till new processors are released. I would just get the new iMac whenever they did eventually come out.

7. gswilder macrumors regular

Same Concern

I have the same concern. Ordered mine on 11/27, and at the time said 3-5 days to ship and delivery December 6th - 8th. It has been in preparing for shipment 2 days now. But still showing December 6-8 delivery?

Any Apple Shipping guru? What do you think?

Greg

----------

Literally 10 mins after I posted this, I got a shipping notice from Apple. Guess I made it in under the wire.

8. dakhein macrumors member

Two days. Looked like one day they spent packing it and shipped it at the end of the day. It arrived the next morning as it only had to travel from Elk Grove, California to the Bay Area.

9. gswilder macrumors regular

Just got ship notice

Literally 10 mins after I posted this, I got a shipping notice from Apple. Guess I made it in under the wire.

10. swmr thread starter macrumors regular

swmr

Yup I did get an email about 20 minutes ago. New estimated delivery is two days earlier than the estimate they made when I ordered. Should show up on Monday.