AVG Heart Rate not Saving

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iwayne, Sep 17, 2015.

1. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

is anyone else having this issue still on IOS 9? Whenever I do my workouts I use an external HR monitor. Wahoo to be more specific. It does a way better job to track HR, because let's be real the HR Monitor in the Apple Watch is horrible. After my workout the summary on the watch displays my avg heart rate. When it syncs over to the activity app, the avg heart rate just remains blank. Very infuriating. I'm running IOS 9.1 Public Beta & watchOS 1.0.1.

2. comics addict macrumors 6502a

I am also experiencing that while on the public release of iOS 9.0 and watchOS 1.0.1 and having the Apple Watch paired with a Bluetooth heart rate monitor (polar h7 in my case) and while the watch displays the average heart rate just fine it's not saved to the activity app on the iPhone. Seems to be a incompatibility with regards to HRM data from a third party device between watchOS 1 and iOS 9 because I have no trouble getting the average heart rate saved while using the built in HRM on the watch. I guess we'll have to wait till watchOS 2 comes out.

3. mrdm macrumors regular

I am experiencing this but do not use an external heart rate monitor. The avg. HR is not calculated even though I am only using the watch itself with the exercise app. Version 1 apple watch with IOS 9 on iPhone 6+. Hmm...hoping watchOS 2.0 fixes this.

4. iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

I am also hoping that watch OS 2 fixes this so at this point it's wait and see...

5. Tomsegen00 macrumors newbie

after having os 2 its still the same.. any one having a change?

6. comics addict macrumors 6502a

Since updating to watchOS 2 the watch is once again saving my heart rate data from my Bluetooth chest trap monitor to the health app.

7. friedmud macrumors 65816

Just a data point: my average heart rates are being saved fine for my workouts using my Watch.

This is on iOS9 with watchOS2.