AVI+DVD+Chapters = ??? > PLEASE HELP! <

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eMacNobie, May 7, 2007.

1. eMacNobie macrumors newbie

Hi, guys!

Can anyone help me please! (^_^)\/ I'm with a huge doubt. (?_?)ºo

I have Anime episodes on my comp on AVI format and I want to organize them on a DVD on a DVD player.

My anime episodes are: on AVI format, on 640X480 (sais VLC) and about 150mb each.

*I friend sold me a DVD with some anime episodes <he is a windows user(¬_¬)> and when I open the info when playing on Apple DVD player it sais that the screen format is 4:3 and the size is 704x480.
    This DVD plays perfectly on a regular DVD player.

I have on my comp this programs: MacTheRipper, MediaFork (Handbreak), Toast Titanium 8 and VisualHub - I had ffmpegx but was anything but trouble.

I want to burn the episodes to play like my friend's DVD (like on pictures below - btw: each chapter is an episode.).

What should I do? (?_?)l|

To which extension should I convert the AVI files?

How do I make the animes fit the 4:3 proportions?

And talking about 4:3... I have a AVI movie on 16:9 and when I burnt and played on my DVD player it didn't fit the screen was still on 16:9.

How do I convert a 16:9 to a 4:3 without losing resolution and part of the movie screen?

Can anyone help this noob here on a step by step walkthrough. Pleaseeee! (*_*)º

Thanx in advance (^_^)\/

Attached Files:

2. eldino macrumors member

eldino

search on versiontracker or macupdate for "dvdauthor", maybe it could help a bit... i didn't test it myself yet but it seems it rocks for dvd authoring.
    cheers

3. Mernak macrumors 6502

You could use iDVD but I doubt that would allow you to store as many files (unless they were really short tv shows). I am almost positive that 640x480 are full screen, but since tvs have rectangular pixels 640 becomes 704. Personally I use Burn for VCDs and stuff, but I don't believe that it will give you a menu (but I have never tried it). I have heard toast can do that kind of stuff, but I have never used it. SmallDVD looks promising, once I get home I think I will try that.

4. eldino macrumors member

eldino

yeah i meant that too.. it's a gui for "dvdauthor" :)