.avi, .flv and some jpeg files cant import to premiere

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by stuart2102, May 2, 2012.

1. stuart2102 macrumors regular

stuart2102

.avi, .flv and some jpeg files cant import to premiere, im using adobe products on my mac os and i was wondering that i cant import all of the above i mention on premiere cs5.5 i havent experience this 4 years ago when im using premiere editing software on PC computer i dont know if it is because mac accept .mov?

2. simsaladimbamba

It might be a moot point now, but that is probably due to the codecs those files use.
    In order to find out, what may be wrong with your video, you can use the following three applications to analyse a sample video file.
    When done, you can use the "Report" (VideoSpec) and "Export" (Media Inspector) button to export a report,
    attachable to your next post via the [​IMG] button.
    In MediaInfo you have to go to the Menu Bar, select View > Text and copy the text via CMD+A > CMD+C and paste it via CMD+V into your next post.

Or you could try to use MPEG Streamclip to batch transcode (CMD+L) to .mov (QuickTime) using the CineForm codec (free version from GoPro) for video and Uncompressed for audio, as those files of yours are highly compressed and not really editing friendly.

Video Compression
    Why It Matters & How To Make The Most Of It

As for the JPEG, maybe it is using the "wrong header". Try using PNG or TIFF or TGA, you can convert your JPEGS via Preview and CMD+SHIFT+S.

3. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

But not only the video even if my jpeg from photoshop cannot be imported i tried all extension files but still didnt work