Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
How can I burn AVI files to a DVD, Toast will not do it, Quicktime refuses to load them, found a Divx program that converts them to MPG but with no sound.

Anybody help with this ?

hologram

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2007
Toast will do it, but you have to burn it as "Data", not "Video".

If you want to convert them anyway, use the free Handbrake, but even if you convert them, you'll still have to burn them as Data.

As long as your TV or DVD player supports .avi/.mp4, they'll play just fine (assuming the files are good to begin with).

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
AVI is just a container, so it absolutely depends on the codec used, if his TV can decode it or not. Most likely that is also the problem that Toast fails.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Toast will do it, but you have to burn it as "Data", not "Video".

If you want to convert them anyway, use the free Handbrake, but even if you convert them, you'll still have to burn them as Data.

As long as your TV or DVD player supports .avi/.mp4, they'll play just fine (assuming the files are good to begin with).

Thank you, I forgot all about Handbreak.

I converted to MP4 with Handbreak then Toast did actually burn using Video mode, so all in all, problem solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.