Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyLove48

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Ok... I need to know how to turn an AVI into a DVD. I know. Don't pirate, don't, don't Torrent... Blah blah blah. If anyone knows how to do this please help a brotha out. And if you are going to preach to me about not downloading movies... just shut up now because i do not care. Thank you in advance.

HDhead

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2008
Ok... I need to know how to turn an AVI into a DVD. I know. Don't pirate, don't, don't Torrent... Blah blah blah. If anyone knows how to do this please help a brotha out. And if you are going to preach to me about not downloading movies... just shut up now because i do not care. Thank you in advance.

I think some DVD/CD burning programs can do that. You drop a video file on it and it asks you if you want a DVD or a data disc.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Ok... I need to know how to turn an AVI into a DVD. ...
As a general proposition, if you can open it in the QuickTime Player, then you can open it in iMovie or burn it using iDVD. It is just a matter of having the appropriate QuickTime codecs. Download and install the Perian 1.1 codec bundle. I recommend that you install the genuine DivX suite. For WMV-based AVIs, you need Flip4Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.