Aviation site for mac

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by magicofflight, Jan 3, 2011.

1. magicofflight macrumors newbie

We have an aviation forum website where we are planning to put videos with jw player. But then we learned that flash will not work on the mac platform. How do we make it happen? Please also try visiting the site and checking out the videos in its beta because our system is windows? Can we use some streaming site, but they are all very expensive. Please Please help. Why can't flash be there for mac?

2. avro707 macrumors 6502a

Maybe i'm missing something here, but...

http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/

Assuming it's that one you are using - then it is working fine here in Mac OS X 10.6.5 on Mac Pro and iMac.

I think you might be thinking of iOS support for Flash.

3. Steve-F macrumors member

Flash does work on the Mac... that is where the user has it installed.
    It does not work on the i portables... i.e. iPhone and iPad.
    The solution a lot of people are now using is HTML 5 which JW Player has a version for this. HTML 5 will play video in most recent browsers - I think all except Internet Explorer (not sure about latest version).
    The ideal is a bit of script that uses HTML 5 as the primary player and then Flash as a fallback. Again JW Player has a version for this.

Steve

4. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

Flash works fine on Macs with the Flash plugin installed. You may be thinking of iOS devices - iPad, iPhone etc.

We use JW Player on our site as a front end with MP4s at the back and they load just fine on iPhones. Just don't use FLVs.

Just like that. The JW Player site has lots of helpful info (and even a wizard for generating code) for embedding video.
    I had a quick squiz and I couldn't see any videos. A search just gave me "500 - Kunena function "viewtopic.php" not found" for all the hits.
    YouTube comes to mind.
    I think there is...