Avid: Edit Anywhere, On Anything

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by LethalWolfe, Apr 8, 2010.

1. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Avid blog:

Sounds pretty cool in theory. I hope they have a working demo or something at NAB and don't just announce that there will be future announcements.

Lethal

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

they must have wizards and elves working over there...

those are some lofty ideas, but very cool. although with the lag we get on our Unity, I'd probably scratch my eyes out with the delay over the web.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Finally I can forget about the faulty Editshare and capture all the 1300 tapes for our next project onto the web and see how that goes.

Quite a interesting concept though, but there must be some hefty compression involved to work with that.

Btw, since you both are here, do you maybe know if the Mac Pro 1,1 has a Firewire 800 speed limitation?
    I only get 17MB/s via Firewire 800 with that Mac, either via Finder or using Consolidate in Avid.
    Our PowerMac G5 can give me at least 35MB/s.
    And my iMac and MBP give me 55 to 65MB/s.

4. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

This is why AVID is still top dog in Hollywood. They are forward thinking folks and their NLE provides the least headaches and gives the user so many great features, some of which are absent in other big time NLEs.

5. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

It all sounds quite Apple-like, doesn't it? Apple often don't sound all that Apple-like when it comes to Final Cut Studio.