AVOID - Equinux and iSale

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Heinekev, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Heinekev macrumors member

I purchased the iSale 3 Family Pack roughly 2 years ago. At the time, this was a 69$ purchase. Recently, it stopped working. I have gone around and around with Equinux support to find resolution.

The software is unusable -- ebay now requires Handling Time to be specified and iSale 3 does not support this functionality. Rather than update iSale 3 to function again (you can't submit an auction at all in it's current state), they force you into a purchased upgrade.

So beware, when you purchase iSale it is only a matter of time before it will be dropped from support and future updates, at which point you'll have a useless app.

It's hard to believe that Equinux, whose success is primarily from word of mouth, would give the finger to those who initially supported the company.

This is the last Equinux product I'll ever own.

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

So ebay changed some things and this caused problems with your older version of iSale? That older version is no longer supported and you feel you that are owed a free (not just discounted) upgrade? Now you want to sully their reputation? Do I have that right?

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I believe you do.
    So my car doesn't park itself like the new Lexus does ... therefore I am entitled to a free upgrade.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I got iSale as part of a macheist offering and I was never able to get iSale working. piece of junk imo

5. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Well, I don't think it's a big deal for an unsupported version of an application to no longer work. It's basically a client / server relationship, with iSale being the client. If eBay updates the server to no longer work with the client, it's out of there control, and at some point, you need to cut the cord. You're a mac guy - try calling Apple and complaining that the newest version of Safari won't work with your 10.2 installation! :D

Now... all that being said... I do generally agree that iSale is not a very good application. I got it as part of a macheist bundle. I've used it a couple times just to try to get a feel for it, but for me, it's much easier to just list the auction straight from eBay's site.

6. StrongBad macrumors member

$10 of a $39.95 app. How much $$$ did you make in the past two years using their product? I should hope *at least* enough that $29 isn't putting you in debt. Just pony up the cash and sell more crap on ebay to pay for it.