Avoid iResq Screen Repairs!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by portcontrol7, Jun 6, 2014.

1. portcontrol7 macrumors member

Sent in my rMBP after cracking the screen. Word of caution, AVOID THESE FOLKS. 479 bucks to fix it, mailed it to them and got it back with light bleed all over the right side of the screen.

Sent it back to them, it came back with a screen flaw that looks like 5 dead pixels near the center of the screen, AND the screen now needs to be tapped on occasion because of ghosting on the screen.

Hacks, should have just gone to Apple for a real pro repair.

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

For that price what did you think they would do? They have just got to be using scrap/recovered parts IMHO.

3. SVTmaniac macrumors 6502

Buy once, cry once. One of the best life lessons.

4. portcontrol7 thread starter macrumors member

Okay, to be fair, they are sending me a box to send it back and assure me that this time they will replace the screen with a new one from Apple. I am going to give them another chance to make it right.

5. Hieveryone, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014

Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Yeah but it's the hassle. They KNOW it had light bleed before sending it. They sent it anyway hoping you won't see it or care.

They KNOW there were 5 dead pixels before sending it. They just hoped you didn't.

Now that you're at your wits end, they agree to doing it right like they were supposed to the first time.

The difference is with Apple, they will not give you a screen with 5 dead pixels and hope you'll accept it.

Would Steve Jobs accept a screen with 5 dead pixels? Nope. :apple:

It's the attitude that they can just give you a crap screen and hope to get away that pisses me off. I feel like breaking something just hearing about it.

Anger issues? Maybe. But no one who tries to cheat people on such a small scale deserves anything but the fiercest anger.

If you're going to lie to someone, cheat someone, deceive someone, take advantage of someone, and end up on God's bad side, do it big. -Bernie Madeoff

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I wouldn't hold my breath. The way I see it is that if you wanted OEM parts from Apple you would have had Apple repair it.

Same way that you bring your car to the dealership to ensure new OEM parts are used. You can tell the local garage to use OEM parts but they will probably use a third party. However, if they use parts that work as well as the OEM parts, whats the difference?

If they even give you a third party display that works as well as a OEM one does then be happy. But then again, I didn't know we had cheap 3rd party Retina displays on the market.

7. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Yeah right :rolleyes: