Avoid Lion still?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mark28, Feb 19, 2012.

  1. mark28 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2010
    #1
    I guess 10.7.3 still isn't good judging by all these posts?

    I can't be bothered installing Lion and then go back again to Snow Leopard if Lion is still bad. Rather still be using Snow Leopard and wait for 10.7.4 if 10.7.3 has issues.
     
  2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

    Partron22

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2011
    Location:
    Yes
    #2
    If I hadn't updated to Lion months ago, I'd wait for Mountain Lion this summer/fall.
    That assumes a user can go straight from SL to ML. If not, you'll have to bite the bullet sooner or later.

    Anyone know if direct Snow Leopard --> Mountain Lion is supposed to be possible or not?
     
  3. jackc macrumors 65816

    jackc

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    #3
    Lion is perfectly fine for the vast majority of users -- if you waited for zero complaints on the forums, you'd never upgrade.
     
  4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

    Krazy Bill

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    #4
    10.7.3 is stable enough but it all depends on what you'd miss from SL. I'd simply format a partition on an external drive, install Lion there and tinker with it until you've made a decision. (You do have an external backup drive, right? :eek:)
     
  5. zorinlynx macrumors 601

    zorinlynx

    Joined:
    May 31, 2007
    Location:
    Florida, USA
    #5
    I'm about as conservative as they come when it comes to OS upgrades, and even I eventually moved to Lion on both of my machines.

    Seriously, if we waited until there are no complaints on the forum to upgrade, we'd still be running System 1. :)
     
  6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    #6
    I've found no issues with lion, but i suppose if you're dependent on PPC apps that could/would be the only reason to not upgrade.
     
  7. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2009
    #7
    Usually I upgrade to the latest OS as soon as possible. I bought Snow Leopard for my previous MBP the day it came out. However, I have yet to upgrade to Lion, but it has nothing to do with stability issues. I was planning on upgrading soon, but with the announcement of Mountain Lion coming out over the summer, I'm not sure if I really need to upgrade now.

    I really do wonder if there will be a straight upgrade path from SL to ML. Do you guys think that information will be revealed sometime soon, or much closer to official launch?
     

Share This Page