Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
I was thinking that this was a separate browser and it downloaded in firefox 3.54 beta and destroyed it along with all of my plugins! It was like walking into a trap! I had to download 3.54 beta again which gave me a little trouble and get all of my plugins again! Mindfield isn't ready yet! Be cafeful!

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Clues in the title really :rolleyes:

IIRC, minefield is essentially a beta beta of Firefox, or the engine at least, I could be incorrect, but I think that's it's role. So don't expect it to be stable...

ihabime

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
So this big warning at the top of the Minefield page with the bold red text didn't mean anything to you?

Warning: This is NOT A FINAL OR PRE-RELEASE VERSION. This program is provided without any guarantees of stability, so please use it at your own risk. It is recommended that you back up your profile regularly, as there may be bugs that corrupt your data. If that sounds scary, you'd probably be better off with the latest version of Firefox that you can download here.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
minefield is developing trunk, its indeed not a good place for end users to start or try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.