Avoid Sony eBook Library Software 3.0 from sony!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michaelgtrusa, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

This morning I downloaded this app via the app store. After the app had installed, it wanted to install some rosetta software and restart. THEN the problems started! All of a sudden, I couldn't get online, iwork wouldn't launch, nor would sony's eBook. I tunes wouldn't pull up the store! I then began to delete this app using cleanapp, found several additional files on my own and started to secure delete. Slowly the problems went away. During secure delete, iwork wouldn't launch unless I stopped secure delete. THIS WAS ODD! I will let Sony and Best Buy know about this crap!

2. andothfc macrumors regular

I've installed it and used it and it's been fine.

3. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

4. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I have it but this time I went through Apple's site rather than google it. I google it and went right through the sony site last time. Regardless i'm still have my mac checked out for an intruder.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Sony? The makers of the infamous RootKit fiasco? And you willingly installed software from Sony? I wouldn't touch Sony software for anything. You give Admin password to install, what else does Sony stick into your system?

6. JustinG87 macrumors member

JustinG87

Interesting, I didn't even know they (finally) decided to support Mac. I bought a Sony Reader a few years ago just because I carry around so many books on my long commute as it is. I'm wary of Sony as well, though, and currently use Parallels if I want to sync any new titles to my reader. Does anyone else have any experience with their new Mac client?