Avoiding 16:9 ... Buy current MBP model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Canuckistan, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Canuckistan macrumors member

Hello:

I see there's a rumor floating that a new 27-inch Cinema Display is in the works, and that the screen will be 16:9 in proportion.

Like many of you, I'm waiting for the new MBPs to be released.

I suppose there's a fair chance that the new MBPs will feature 16:9 screens.

Here's the question:

If you knew that the forthcoming MBPs would in fact feature 16:9 screens, would you sacrifice the improved internal specs and opt for the current model with its taller screen?

To put it another way, how much do you hate vertical scrolling?

==========

A related question... Will it be possible to buy the current MBPs once the revised version is avilable?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You'll be able to pick up current hardware on the refurbished line in all its 16:10 glory.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It will be available wherever is has not been out of stock or the Apple Refurbished Online Store. There are still Aluminium MacBook Pros being offered, the ones before the Unibody construction process.

4. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

I doubt they will go to 16:9 on the professional models (Macbook Pros). 16:9 is cool on 24/27" displays where you have all that screen real estate. And maybe the 13" models will get them as well.

5. Nein01 macrumors 6502

Nein01

yeah, same here. i think apple realizes that there's a major difference between having a huge cinema display where a 16:9 aspect ratio makes practically no difference on vertical scrolling VS. a laptop where every square inch counts.