Avoiding preauthorization?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dude102, Jul 21, 2010.

1. dude102 macrumors newbie

My Iphone has a lot of issues and I'm trying to get it replaced, and when I contacted them about advanced replacement they said I would be charged a 29 dollar fee on top of a 699 credit hold... this is BS I only have like $200 in my bank and I need the iphone replaced fast, is there any way to avoid this? I have a debit card & prepaid debit card.

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

If you live near an Apple store then make an appointment there to get the phone replaced.

3. dude102 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

do you have a paypal Debit card? I have one that is linked to my Checking. anything I buy that exceeds the funds in my paypal gets taken out of my checking.

When i did my advanced replacement, they charged the paypla card but since it was not a complete charge just a hold, it never hit my bank account.

I sent the return the next day and I was never out anything except the $29.

You cant blame apple, They have to have some guarentee that you are going to send the old unit back. Otherwise Im sure everyone would keep the phone and sell it on ebay.

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

In that case I might recommend getting a cheap disposable/prepaid phone and use that for a few days while doing the regular warranty replacement. I think I remember hearing it is just 5-7 days to get a new phone.