Avoiding T-Mobile ETF?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ProperNoun, May 15, 2010.

1. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

Hello, I am looking to drop my T-Mobile plan and get the new iPhone whenever it comes out in the near future. I am on a 2-year contract with them that runs out in December 2010, so I am most of the way done. What I am wondering is if anyone knows a way to prematurely drop T-Mobile (or any carrier more generally) without incurring the Early Termination Fee. I usually get two bar reception at my home, and on the coverage map, I am listed as being under Moderate, which is the lowest usable coverage. Do you think it would maybe be possible to play up this moderate coverage in order to make a case for why I should be able to cancel my contract early? Thanks for your help.

2. rkswat macrumors regular

I don't think you can but I'm not hip on T-Mo's rules. I know with att you pay a prorated amount related to the time you have been in contract so it shouldn't be very much if T-mo does the same.

3. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Pretty darn sure that all the major carriers have prorated etf's now. You can call t-mo and find out exactly what it will be, but I am betting it is somewhere in the realm of 75-100 bucks. Not that big of a deal considering you will be dropping 200 on the iPhone. Suck it up and pay- you signed the contract.

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

By law they all have pro-rated ETFs.

Seems I heard about a website the tracked changes to all the carriers TOS to let you know when a change happened so you could jump ship w/ no ETF.

5. thetexan macrumors 6502a

Just pay the ETF you cheap fool. You agreed to the terms of the contract, now live up to the contract. T-Mobile held up their end of the agreement.