AVPlayerHD?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xkmxkmxlmx, Apr 29, 2011.

1. xkmxkmxlmx, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011

xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

I asked about this in another thread, but wasn't getting responses.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/avplayerhd/id407976815?mt=8

Has anyone used it? How well does it work? Does it play MKV?

Basically I am looking for a GOOD option to play 720p MKV and AVI files without having to resort to converting them with handbrake (and the like).

Unfortunately VLC app has trouble with a lot of the content I throw at it. Lots of stuttering, audio issues, etc.

2. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

looks promising, but haven't used it. i use and love air video and so far it's played everything i've thrown at it flawlessly (including VOB files).

3. blackreplica macrumors member

I have the app. If you have an ipad 2, it will play any 720p file without stuttering. Its a great app and I highly recommend it

4. Bassy182 macrumors newbie

Used it for a few days now, seems pretty solid. Like the interface. Been using vlc since iPad 1, but couldn't watch mkvs. So far so good also with the apple hdmi cable it fills the whole tv.
    :apple:

5. xkmxkmxlmx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

I love me some Air Video too, I just need an away from network solution. Thanks for the reply :)

6. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

AVPlayerHD works just great!

Downloaded a 720p mkv movie (packed in rar) through Filer, unpacked it in Filer, and chose to open it AVPlayerHD - after 30 seconds, it opened, and played smooth and with audio 100% synced to video.

Also, I could download srt subtitles to the movie, and again it worked just fine in AVPlayerHD.

Recommended :)