AW 2 shower?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by I’mpaced, Sep 26, 2017.

1. I’mpaced Suspended

I’mpaced

So I just found this site and came from a different Mac forum

Anyhow who here actually showers/swims with your AW 2 and we’re you nervous at first or just went on a did it without a thought

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

I did it without a thought. The watch is designed to handle that kind of water environment. Never an issue after many dozens of post-run showers.

3. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

If you're talking about the series 2, it's made with water resistance so that you can swim/shower etc with it.

Many people also shower with their Series 1 which is not as "water proof" as the series 2 and have had no problems.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple Watch Series 2 is rated at 50 m water resistance. Apple designated it that you can shower with it.

However, Apple cautions the following below when showering with your Apple Watch:

"Showering with Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Series 3 is ok, but we recommend not exposing Apple Watch to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and perfumes as they can negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes. Apple Watch should be cleaned with fresh water and dried with a lint free-cloth if it comes in contact with anything other than fresh water."

5. udontno macrumors 6502

udontno

I tend to put the watch on the charger when I am in the shower.

6. jekim macrumors regular

Me too, part of my morning routine after using it for sleep tracking. I am tempted to try it in the shower now that i have a S3. Do I need to turn on the water lock first or is that just for swimming workouts?

7. gsucyclist macrumors regular

gsucyclist

The water lock just locks the screen so that the water doesn't start tapping things. You don't necessarily have to turn it on. Its also for pushing water out of the speakers

8. Ctguy macrumors member

9. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Ditto. Kept them sparkly clean, too.