AW 2 with OS 3 and 2 iPhones?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lauramayer, Sep 11, 2016.

1. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer

Does anyone know or have any theories on whether Apple Watch 2 with the new OS will work with two iPhones at once?

I know it's probably a narrow user/use case, but I personally carry two iPhones with me all the time :)One is a Plus model (soon the 7+ for photos) and one is my personal iPhone. Even though I could use my smaller one for personal stuff. The Plus model is for photos and surfing the web or watching YouTube, like get ready with me or follow me around.

I'd LOVE if the Watch allowed me to access both but know this would be very unlikely. Just curious on what others think?

2. Luba macrumors 65816

Luba

I haven't used OS3 so idk, but I doubt it. AW, I would think, would need to have more storage to deal with 2 iPhones. I think 1 iPhone could easily take on 2 watches though.

Btw, how do you carry 2 iPhones? Is your personal iPhone also a + size?

3. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

It will ONLY work, pair and integrate fitness/health data with ONE iPhone.

4. segrobja macrumors regular

I also roll with two iPhones and would love to be able to have both phones paired. Right now I go by pairing to whichever phone I will be using heavily at that time. I actually bought two watches because I can't pair both phones to one watch and the whole process of switching a single watch to another phone is an ordeal of resetting it up. I wish they would at least make it so I can pair the watch with another device using the same iTunes/iCloud account without having to wipe and restore the watch.