Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacKnut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2020
My 5th Gen. AW with IOS 10.4 suddenly lost several complications- EKG and Fitness completely gone and not retrievable, heart frequency doesn’t show resting pulse, pulse range or walking pulse. Haven’t made any changes except for installing HA-app on iPhone 13 (Phonak). Puzzled - what happened and how can I fix it?

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
My 5th Gen. AW with IOS 10.4 suddenly lost several complications- EKG and Fitness completely gone and not retrievable, heart frequency doesn’t show resting pulse, pulse range or walking pulse. Haven’t made any changes except for installing HA-app on iPhone 13 (Phonak). Puzzled - what happened and how can I fix it?
No idea what app that is, I’d delete it on both AW and phone, reboot both and then see how it behaves

MacKnut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2020
Tried all-no success. Apple support found the solution:Content & Privacy Restrictions ( under Screentime) were activated, which I had not been aware how that had happened. After inactivating that setting the critical test was to ping the phone from the watch - that didn't work at first and made a shut-down / restart necessary. Voila- everything was fine then, all apps were back.Thank you apple support for trying so hard for 20 minutes to check point by point!

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Tried all-no success. Apple support found the solution:Content & Privacy Restrictions ( under Screentime) were activated, which I had not been aware how that had happened. After inactivating that setting the critical test was to ping the phone from the watch - that didn't work at first and made a shut-down / restart necessary. Voila- everything was fine then, all apps were back.Thank you apple support for trying so hard for 20 minutes to check point by point!
there's not even a setting on the AW for this afaik, really bizarre ...

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
True re no AW setting for that, but Fitness and Health have toggles under "Allowed Apps". PERHAPS those were toggled off when Content Restrictions was on: can see any complication that has ties to those no longer being active.

Just a WAG.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
True re no AW setting for that, but Fitness and Health have toggles under "Allowed Apps". PERHAPS those were toggled off when Content Restrictions was on: can see any complication that has ties to those no longer being active.

Just a WAG.
I have never used the screen time feature, but just took a look, way way complicated imho and I can't see how one can accidentally turn apps on/off ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.