AW automatically installs app despite option is off

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ipaddaro, Oct 31, 2018.

1. ipaddaro macrumors regular

Hi,
    as written in the title, mi AW4 continues to automatically install apps on it... i turned the option off in the settings on watch app, but every time i download an app that is compatible with the AW (from watch app or from app store of the iphone) i find it on the watch. suggestions?

thanks

2. Mr$tone macrumors 6502

I randomly have had the same problem since the beginning of AW. Disturbing, but I never found a fix. Strange that Apple never noticed it and did fix it.

3. ipaddaro thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the reply. it’s not a big issue anyway, just wanted to know it is was possible to fix it easily...

4. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Just so you know, I am very picky about what apps I install on my watch, and this does not happen for me.

Are you able to uninstall the watch apps?

5. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

So yes logistically it makes sense. However, if you manually update an app on your phone, it will update your watch. That's a manual update you have pushed to your devices. You will never have an app on your watch at 1.0 and the phone is updated to 2.0. It does not work that way. Even my ipad has the updated apps and/or even new apps I downloaded.

I usually wait until I'm home on wifi to update my apps. Or if I need an update during the day, I will not update apps that are on both devices. I've had instances where I left work wifi and the app was still trying to download and killed my battery to low levels.

6. ipaddaro thread starter macrumors regular

yes, at least i can uninstall them...