AW FLASHLIGHT USER?

jbizzybeetle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2015
AW FLASHLIGHT WELCOME addition to S3 LTE. Use it on dark stairs, walking dog at night. Saw someone running with the blinking setting and that really helped see them at edge of road.

Reactions: dave006

ItsGavinC

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
AW FLASHLIGHT WELCOME addition to S3 LTE. Use it on dark stairs, walking dog at night. Saw someone running with the blinking setting and that really helped see them at edge of road.
It isn't an S3 or LTE feature. I had it on my series 0 running watch OS4. But you are right, it is a great feature. I use it every day.

Reactions: uknation87

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
It's a nice feature and utilizing the Watch as a multi-tool in this situation. But the battery does suffer somewhat, depending how long it's being used for.

michaelb5000

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Do we have any idea of the runtime on the different modes? Not sure when I will need this but can see trying it out.

jbizzybeetle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2015
Ahhhhh, so feature new to me as my S0 back separated from itself, not the case, b4 explored OS4.0. I did love that S0 for 2.5 years! Goldplated so Tim won’t replace under extended warranty for a known manufacturer defect, however irrelevant. RIP.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
this is indeed a great feature, and super bright. anyone concerned that the non-blinking red or white will cause burn-in of the screen? if i go on a 30 minute run on a regular basis, i'm worried about damage to the screen. so far i've used the blinking feature to avoid that.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
This works very nicely.

I can turn the blinking white light on the Apple Watch for people to see my signal from the front and, when turning the wrist, from behind.

Smooth riding.

This drained the Watch battery for the two hours of outdoors riding.

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
this is indeed a great feature, and super bright. anyone concerned that the non-blinking red or white will cause burn-in of the screen? if i go on a 30 minute run on a regular basis, i'm worried about damage to the screen. so far i've used the blinking feature to avoid that.
I see both the fixed White and Red actually adjust brightness over an interval which seems to be to prevent screen burn-in. Do you notice the light intensity vary?

Dave

deadandalive

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2015
I thought this was the dumbest feature ever when I got it.

How can that little tiny screen throw enough light to be useful ?

Now I use it almost every day so I dont bust my ass walking in the dark Bedroom at night