AW (June 2015) horrific battery life....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Nothingfaced, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Nothingfaced macrumors member

So I'm running Watch OS4; original June 2015 SS 42mm Apple Watch.

So on a typical day: I'll be at 100% leaving home, after an 8 hour shift at work, i'm either totally DEAD or holding on at 10%. After only 8 hours.

Only very little use during the day; mostly check text messages and the time.

What gives? I think I will upgrade to the 4 whenever it is released. Sadly.... I love the watch otherwise!

2. betasp macrumors member

I would try a reset on the watch and try reducing the number of apps installed and see if there is one app killing things... Certainly your case seems to be the exception, so I wonder if there is something weird going on with an app...

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It’s simply could be because your Apple Watch battery might be in need of replacement depending how much you regularly charged it, usage over the years, etc. Apple can conduct a free battery diagnostic in the Apple Store over the phone with your Apple Watch To determine the overall health.

4. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

Batteries degrade over time, a small battery like the one in an Apple Watch will degrade and need replaced, sounds like that’s what happened.

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Sounds like either the battery needs replacing, or you have an app or two that is chewing up your battery charge.

6. Nothingfaced, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018

Nothingfaced thread starter macrumors member

I did a full wipe, re paired it with 2017 8 Plus, removed most apps, turned off app background refresh.

Went from roughly 10% degradation an hour to about 7 or 6 if I’m lucky. If it stays at that, i can deal until the 4 comes out, if I decide to get it.

Either way, to be fair, it’s a 3 year old product, and the warranty expired in June 2017 so I can’t really technically complain. Great product other than battery.