AW OG + Watch OS 3...a journey

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 8frames, Sep 15, 2016.

1. 8frames macrumors newbie

Hi!

I know Apple fever is running strong right now.

I just wanted to share my AW journey will all of you and maybe, just maybe, save someone a few bucks and months of regret.

I had a launch AW Space Gray that I sold a while ago, the OS was the epitome of half-baked and dog slow. I felt like a moron waiting for my app to load with my phone merely feet away. It was truly novelty over function.

So you can imagine my anticipation when the keynote arrived. Cue sad trombone. I was a little underwhelmed by new the update. A faster, more realized product, but not a huge step. GPS and waterproof weren't must haves, but I thought the cpu was a good bump. I was ready to pre-order another Sport when suddenly Best Buy posted their crazy AW barn-fire sales. Yadda-yadda...I snagged a OG SS for 249.

I figured I get the SS and stall until the reviews came out AND HOLY SMOKES THIS IS GOOD! The new OS is fantastic. Apple fanboy or not, I've never seen a tech company resuscitate a device like this before. It's a screamer. Apps open at warp speed and the reworked UI makes perfect sense.

So if you're on the fence, I'm here to tell you that 80% of the magic of this year's update is not in the hardware, but in fact, its been unlocked in software.

It's that good.

Go forth, and discover your AW journey.

May Ives be with you.

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07