AW S1 vs. AW S2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by grantew1, Sep 23, 2016.

1. grantew1 macrumors newbie

grantew1

If you don't care about the water resistant and built in GPS, there's really no point in getting the AW2?

I preordered it but thinking the AW S1 would be a better option for me.

I'm not going to be doing any swimming with it, just basic workouts, still it survive sweat and what not?

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

3. grantew1 thread starter macrumors newbie

grantew1

It sucks because I'm going to miss out on the Best Buy $50.00 credit I got for them missing the deadline.

4. BrettDS macrumors 65816

I think that credit is yours to keep either way. I ordered a watch from Apple and Best Buy on pre order day and got the credit from Best Buy when they failed to deliver. I bought a $50 iTunes card with mine and then cancelled my back ordered watch because the one I had ordered from Apple shipped.

5. BrettDS macrumors 65816

I just upgraded to the series 2 and really the bigger battery doesn't mean anything to me. In fact, frankly, I'd be happier with a smaller battery and a thinner watch.

My S0 watch had no problem getting through the day with 20-30% left and my new S2 watch has 50-60% left at the end of the day. But I still have to charge it every night because there is no way that it will make it through the night and another day with the power it has left. If I have to charge every night anyway then I'd be happier ending the day with 20% and having a thinner and lighter watch.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Your correct. If the GPS, water resistance and improved screen brightness is not for you, then Series 1 would be a great fit. It's unfortunate Apple only made the Stainless model in Series 2 and not Series 1. Which is another full $600.00. I prefer the Stainless over the aluminum.

7. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    May make a difference for some, but I see your point.

8. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

Might be placebo effect, but ApplePay seems to be much more reliable on my S2 Sport than it ever was on my S0 SS.