AW stand ring not working! Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by silentscreams22, Oct 26, 2015.

1. silentscreams22 macrumors member

Hi All,

So, I have had my AW for a week now. The first 3 days it recorded that I stood and reminded me to stand when I sat to long. I don't know if I messed with a setting or if its a glitch but now it won't record that I've stood at all. I've checked the stand reminder is still turned on yet it never reminds me to stand anymore. I sat pretty much all day yesterday and not one stand reminder. Is anyone else having this issue with the stand ring?

Also for the exercise ring, I have set a walk in the workout and did the walk for 25 minutes but it didn't register in the exercise ring. Does your heart rate have to get to a certain number before it will register as exercise?

2. silentscreams22 thread starter macrumors member

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Regarding stand, you have to get up and move around for a solid minute before it records it as a stand. However, I've found that if I stand and move for a short amount of time that is too short to register as a stand, the watch won't remind me to stand for that hour.

With exercise, there have been many threads where people tried to,figure out exactly what counts as exercise, but there hasn't been any definitive conclusions. You do have to move somewhat vigorously to be counted as exercise. So with a walking or running workout, the minutes of exercise credit you get can be shorter than the duration of the workout.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Mine has never failed to give me the thumbs up after a minute of walking around at the 50 minute mark. Or course if you have been up or the AW perceived that you have been up during the last hour then the reminder at 50 minutes does not occur.

5. silentscreams22 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so I called apple about the stand ring not working at all and found out why it stopped working after the third day!

Basically I turned off wrist detection and that needs to be on for the rings to work properly.

6. robinsonboy macrumors newbie

robinsonboy

I had to reset my phone other day and since then the stand ring has not moved at all...I have also had wrist detection turned off for months and its work, maybe a glitch in my software that allowed it until I've had to do a reset...ive turned it on now, lets see if it works!

7. silentscreams22 thread starter macrumors member

Hope it works for you!

8. robinsonboy macrumors newbie

robinsonboy

its worked! thank you, strange how its worked in the past though without wrist detection on...should of looked here first, i had been on to apple for about 2 hours today! Hope this gets fixed as I don't like wrist detection turned on!

9. silentscreams22 thread starter macrumors member

10. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Wrist detection is also required for Apple pay.

11. robinsonboy macrumors newbie

robinsonboy

my bank does not support it yet :( should be next year though

12. doan11tran macrumors newbie

doan11tran

Thank you.

13. MSibley7000 macrumors newbie

MSibley7000

I was also noticing that while I was receiving "credit" for move and exercise (brisk walks) the stand suddenly stopped logging. I had turned off the Wrist Detection in an effort to have my phone silenced at work but to receive a less noticeable ping for texts. Re-engaged it and now detecting Stand! Aparently I can't do both? Hmm....

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you want to silence your watch, why not just mute it? It'll still tap you for notifications.