AW2 vs.....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chiefs1968, Nov 24, 2016.

1. chiefs1968 macrumors member

I've had the AW2 for several weeks and my co-worker just got the Samsung Gear S3 last week and I am so surprised at what it can do that the apple watch can't do. Apple had the opportunity to do the same but they make these little incremental changes and compared to Samsung they are so far behind that I wish I had the Gear S3 but I love my iphone 7....come on Apple get with the program!!!

2. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

What are some of the specific things your co-worker's watch can do, that the AW cannot?

3. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

The s3 can be thicker and heavier, and it's not burdened by having a lot of apps. Also, you don't need to wear it while swimming since it's not swim proof, so that's one less thing to worry about. No complications with live info on the Watch face mean the S3 can be touched more to in order to see useful info.

If you need Uber, ESPN, and Bloomberg apps, you'll love the S3 because they are easy to find since there aren't many other big apps for it.

4. Manrico1 macrumors member

Manrico1

I'm curious (really, not polemic) to know what are the things that S3 can do and AW cannot do

5. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

I fee like this is a troll post since no specific examples are given.

6. optimummind macrumors newbie

The Gear S3 can do MST and NFC Samsung Pay which is very convenient.

This is subjective but the Gear S3 with its round design, classic timepiece design, and ability to take any 22mm band is designed better & looks way better than AW, which to me, looks like a Fisher Price toy.

7. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

[​IMG]
    Fisher, meet Price.

8. Cassady macrumors 6502a

Cassady

Thanks goodness for subjective opinions. That S3 is too 'loud' imo, not something I would ever consider wearing.

That said, obviously - each to their own.

9. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

And no examples provided on why you believe the S3 can do what the Apple Watch can't? This doesn't open much up for discussion.

10. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Who wants to show the OP how many different bands (and straps and bracelets) are available for the Watch?

11. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Does the s3 require a standard watch strap? I change my Apple Watch band at he drop of a hat thanks to how easy it is to swap out.

12. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

That's what I like about the Apple Watch. I change my Watch band daily and the security of the Watch band is confirmed when you hear the click.