AW3 LTE battery drain solved?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by laro, Oct 6, 2017.

1. laro macrumors newbie

hi all,

Apple Watch 3 LTE, 4.1b iphone7 11.1b. Got problems with battery drain after updating to 4.1b. Mainly over night my Watch looses 20-30% in flightmode. Numbers for usage and standby were always the same, so the Watch doesn’t go idle. Seems to be resolved now. If you have the same problem: disable/delete Siri watchface and disable background refresh. Seems to be a problem with the Siri watchface, location services or something like that in beta 4.1. Perhaps it’ll be resolved in a later beta. For the moment my battery life is back to the level before 4.1b.

Laro

2. reyalP macrumors 6502

reyalP

Thanks for the tip. What would you say your average battery drain is now with the watch? Mine drains at about 1% an hour with very little use and always connected to my phone. My AW2 seemed to fair much better but it also didn't have lte,

3. laro thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it is around 2%-3% with my normal use, notifications etc., connected to phone. On LTE or LTE with GPS or LTE with Music that goes up to 20-25%/h LTE/GPS and around 12-15% LTE with music. Naturally it’s always a matter of how you use it. And it’s a beta, I think in the final 4.1 battery life would be more better, that was so in all the betas.
    Laro