AW3 stops charging

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Fixu86, May 11, 2019.

1. Fixu86 macrumors newbie

I‘ve an AW3 which I use since day one. During the last few days I‘ve had several issues with charging the AW. As soon as I connect my AW with the charging puck it beginns to charge but sometimes it stops charging after a few minutes. Once I‘ve seen an error „Charging accessoire not compatibel“ (or similiar, my AW is setup German).
    I‘ve two charging places for my AW and the error occured on both, despite I use original Apple charging accessoire on both locations. I‘ve already rebooted the AW and cleaned everything but the error occurs still sometimes. Any guesses what the problem can be?

2. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68000

Freakonomics101

Had the same exact issue. Used two chargers straight from the Apple Store. Mine had to be replaced. The problem started as soon as the watch booted up after the 5.2 update.

3. Fixu86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe Apple fixed it in WatchOS 5.2.1. Didn‘t have any charging issues since the update. Perhaps to early to confirm its fixed. I‘ll keep an eye on it

4. Momof9 macrumors 6502

Glad I found this thread. I change mine fully every evening before going to bed. take it off the charger. Then put it onto top it off in the morning. Really no reason, but thats what I do. last night it gave me a 10% warning. So I charged it full. This morning its completely dead. Charging now. I have 5.2.1 just updated a few days ago.