Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edhchoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
pressing the crown and power button simultaneously doesn't take the screenshot.
Can you help please?
[doublepost=1538445502][/doublepost]Edit: I just figured it out.

I had to enable take screenshot in the Watch App on the iPhone.
I do not understand why it was disabled.

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
It's ridiculously easy to end up with a ton of these by accident from hand position, glove wearing, putting on jackets with elasticated cuffs etc. and it's a seldom wanted feature for most folk so I think product management at Apple got it right to have this default off.

Reactions: Mr.C

jamets515

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Gloucester, UK
Well, I prefer it on. I have beta access to a few AW apps and that's dependent on me giving good feedback on new releases, so screenshot is pretty important to me. It threw me off for a while, as I had to look up how to re-enable it, even when coming from an old AW S0 backup.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I turned this off shortly after getting an S0. I took too many accidental shots when my wrist was bent.
I think that's why I had turned it off at one point too, especially when wearing gloves and they get bunched up and press them. I turned it back on now because first of all I was just posting screenshots on here, and second of all because of the new recessed side button I think it's less likely to be accidentally triggered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.